Over a hundred people gathered for education, fine dining and fun at the 2016 MINASF Annual Tech Session, Dinner and Dance held on Saturday, April 2, at the CityFlats Hotel in downtown Grand Rapids.
A fine line-up of speakers during the morning of the Tech Session gave a wide spectrum of presentations that were of interest to all those in surface finishing.
Christian Richter, Executive Director of NASF, flew in from Washington D.C. to wake us up about Updates and Outlooks on a national level and his presentation featured the many values that the NASF brings to membership in regards to education, advocacy, industry marketing, and updates on the Bright Design Challenge and SURFIN.
Other presentations were given by:
- Jeff Boehmer, Columbia Chemical: Duplex Nickel and Trivalent Chromium
- Adam Walsh, Dipsol of America: The Do’s and Don’ts of Operating an Alkaline Zinc Nickel Plating Process;
- Paul Kuklewski, City of Grand Rapids Industrial Pretreatment Program: 2016 Emerging Issues
- David Calnan, CCI: Wastewater Treatment: Reducing Salts Generated During Treatment to Promote Water Re-Use.
If you’re interested in learning more, links to all presentations can be found below.
Later that night, over 100 guests, sponsors and honorees gathered for cocktails, fine dining and great music and dancing.
Mark Siegrist, educational chairman of the MINASF, emceed the event and brought up John Bereza for a long overdue ‘Past President’s Pin’ ceremony where John was able to pick out a valuable and treasured ‘Monkees’ pin from Mark’s high school collection of pins Other guests of honor that received distinguished service recognition were:
- Dan Meyers of Master Finish who chaired many past Annuals, tirelessly and skillfully.
- Bruce Dandineau, also of Master Finish, was recognized and congratulated on his upcoming retirement; working successfully since 1967 in our electroplating/surface finishing industry.
- Dale Mulder, President and Owner of Master Finish, was recognized as a lifelong supporter of the GR AESF, MAMF, NASF, and this newly formed MINASF
- The Mulder’s; Dale, John and Aaron; for their support of this event, along with Haviland Products, Palm Commodities, Expert Coating, Atotech, Columbia Chemical, Macdermid Enthone, and KCH Engineered Systems, who all helped make the night a great success
Thank you to all who attended this fun and informative event and for supporting the MINASF.
2016 MINASF Annual Tech Session Presentations:
- Jeff Boehmer, Columbia Chemical : Duplex Nickel and Trivalent Chromium
- Adam Walsh, Dipsol of America : The Do’s and Don’ts of Operating an Alkaline Zinc Nickel Plating Process
- NASF Update and Outlook
- David Calnan; CCI : Wastewater Treatment : Reducing Salts Generated During Treatment to Promote Water Re-Use.
- Paul Kuklewski; City of Grand Rapids Industrial Pretreatment Program 2016 Emerging Issues